Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Norway results and more

Last Friday we got the Norway pickups returned from the lab and... everything was absolutely fine. We probably have one soft shot, but it is looks so amazing I think someone might think we did it on purpose.
I did a rough cut of the footage on Saturday, but I was without the sound files, so I did not spend too much time on the edit. More on that later. For now I am distracted.
I have more scheduling mayhem, so I working to shoot pickups here in the flat in Dalston this Sunday. Of course this means a load of preparations, especially just finding all those costumes. I may have to reshoot some scenes just because of costume alone, but in a way it is just as well. The scene concerned is Scene 8, when Natalie first visits Claire and Paul, and then Scene 9, the argument that Paul and Claire have after. This scene was always weak. First I think that the dialogue between Paul and Natalie is given too much emphasis. It it Claire's relationship to Natalie and Paul that is important. I also went too thin again, that is the shorthand is too short. There is too little material. So, it is just as well that I have to reshoot. I am going to look at rewriting or restructuring the scene tonight. More on this after Sunday.

No comments: