Sunday, October 11, 2009

Feedback and the next step

So first David came by last Thursday to see the latest edit. This included all the new Norway footage, the footage from the September/Dalston shoot, and the new structure in the second segment. It has become a bit of a blur, all these changes, the point where I forget all the work I have done.
I think that this is the first time that David had nothing to say. So, yes, the edit gets better and better. What before may have caused some discussion or was questioned is no longer. It is coming together, in big and small ways.
And then the next steps. More scheduling problems means that the original plan to shoot the cafe scene and the girl's night in has to be delayed until mid-November. This leaves the bar or club scene to shoot. Does it make any different which we shoot first? None at all. I think I was simply putting off shooting the bar/club scene because of the expense and the risk. I don't have a lot of experience shooting crowd scenes and I can't afford to make mistakes and have to go back again.
I need help with the logistics of this so I turn to Joanna who has helped us in the past. I have just come from meeting her at the Green Papaya. Nothing really phases her (I wouldn't want to get in her way for any reason) so I just set out what I need and she is already on it. We will be looking at a club tomorrow night. More on this.

No comments: