Thursday, January 07, 2010

Editing geek

Okay, work has been progressing slowly. The plan is to re-work the new edit with some new sounds, and so I am meeting with Roland next week to go over it. I will be showing the new edit to some new victims next week.
In the meantime I have been busy going over all the other assets. I have completed a first draft of a producer's handbook, which is intended for potential co-producers and includes a long synopsis, director's notes, biographies of all the major cast and crew, the cast and crew list, 25 production photos, some making of... photos, and finally the state of the film.
I have also been logging and editing some Making of... videos. These are very much in the early stages but I will upload them here when I feel they are far enough long.
In the meantime some details of my editing system.














Yes, I did edit this on a Mac laptop, a two-year old 15inch, 2.2 GHz MacBook Pro.
Note the SATA Raid connector inserted into the ExpressBus. This links to my RAID Array below.
















I am seeing the edit on a 27inch EIZO monitor. I decided to spend on the money on such a high-spec monitor with the idea I may end up grading the DigiBeta version of the film myself, hopefully with JC's help.
















In the meantime the offline edit lives as MiniDV tapes, which I feed into Final Cut Pro 6.0 by way of an old Sony mini-DV camera.




















And on the floor, doing the dirty work is a 1.8Terabyte RAID Array in a box purchased from MacGurus.

No comments: